Teamfight Tactics’ newest champion Class is here and it’s called Soulbound. These new set includes two champions and is only a small part of the mode’s patch 9.24 changes.
The new Soulbound Class comes with Lucian and Senna, and causes the two to fight as an inseparable pair. When one Soulbound unit dies, they will continue fighting as a spirit until the other dies too. Senna is a Tier 2 unit and gets her Piercing Darkness ability in TFT, which lets her heal allies and damage enemies. Lucian, who is now a Tier 4 unit, gets The Culling which lets him fire 10 bullets in a direction over four seconds dealing extra damage and applying on hit effects to enemies.
This TFT patch also adds a new Tier 5 unit with Amumu. Amumu has an Inferno Trait and will be part of the Warden Class. He will also use Curse of the Sad Mummy as his ability which will let him stun and deal damage to units around him.
This patch also includes changes to the specific balance numbers of both Classes and Traits, along with dozens of unit changes, so you’ll have to look through them to see which comps are got nerfed and which might be a little stronger now. To see all the changes that came to Teamfight Tactics in patch 9.24, you can find the full notes below.
Teamfight Tactics patch 9.24 notes
- (2) The first Soulbound champion to die will instead continue fighting as an untargetable spirit until all other Soulbound champions are dead.
- Tier 2
- Trait: Shadow
- Class: Soulbound
- Ability: Piercing Darkness. Senna fires a beam through her furthest ally, dealing 50/100/150 magic damage to enemies, and buffing allies’ on-hits for 5 seconds to deal 25/45/75 magic damage from Senna.
- Tier 4
- Trait: Light
- Class: Soulbound
- Ability: The Culling. Lucian fires 10 + (2X his attacks per second) bullets in a direction over 4 seconds, each dealing 25/30/50% of his Attack Damage, applying on-hits, and dealing 40/50/100 additional magic damage.
- Tier 5 cost
- Trait: Inferno
- Class: Warden
- Ability: Curse of the Sad Mummy - Amumu explodes in an infernal tantrum, dealing 150/250/1337 magic damage to all enemies within 2/3/4 hexes, and stunning them for 2 seconds.
- Hovering the “Buy XP” tooltip now displays how much gold you need to hit your next level.
- Now displays your current level and XP progress.
- Now displays the drop rates for different tiers based on your level.
- Flipped the locations of the buy XP and refresh buttons. Careful with this one.
- (6) Now additionally grants all Berserkers +25 Attack Damage.
- Dodge Chance: 15/20/30%; 20/25/35%
- Damage: 70/250/500; 100/300/500
- Effect triggers on spell damage; Effect triggers on spell damage and critical strikes
- Bonus Damage: 80%/175%/250% over 5 seconds; 70%/120%/180% over 4 seconds
- Hexes that light on fire: 1/1/1; 1/3/5
- Attack Speed Bonus: 10/20/35%; 15/25/35%
- Mana Regen: 15/35/60; 15/30/60
- (2) Chance to activate Attack Speed bonus: 30%; 35%
- (4) Chance to activate Attack Speed bonus: 65%; 80%
- (6) 100% chance to activate a 2.5x Attack Speed Bonus.
- With the addition of Senna, we restructured the trait from 2/4 to 3/6 as she was making it too easy to access the top-end.
- Now a 3/6 bonus.
- Shadow champions gain bonus damage for 4 seconds. Resets when they participate in a takedown.
- (3) +70% damage
- (6) +140% damage and resets when any shadow champion gets a takedown.
- Bonus Duration & Health: 40%/100%; 30%/120%
- Ivern Shield Value: 200/350/500; 200/300/400
- Maokai Passive Heal: 100/175/250; 100/150/200
- Renekton Spell Healing: 150/250/350; 150/225/300
- Neeko Attack Range: 2; 3
- Yasuo Attack Damage: 55; 60
- Aatrox Total Mana: 85; 70
- Sivir Attack Damage: 50; 55
- Soraka Attack Range: 2; 3
- Soraka Attack Speed: 0.65; 0.7
- Annie- Tibbers Health: 2200; 2000
- Annie- Tibbers Armor: 40; 30
- Brand Ability Damage: 250/325/400; 225/300/600
- Malphite Ability Damage: 125/200/275; 150/300/1000
- Yorick Ghoul Health: 600/1000/1400; 600/1000/2000
- Taric Total Mana: 150; 125
- Singed Ability Damage: 200/400/2000;150/300/2000
Lux should be a champion that makes you at least consider pivoting to accommodate her even if she isn’t currently a part of your gameplan. These boost should push her in that direction.
- Lux Total Mana: 85; 80
- Lux Ability Damage: 500/800/9999; 600/900/9999
- Phantom Dancer now only negates the bonus damage from critical strikes, rather than dodging the entire attack. This change will not be reflected in the PD tooltip until patch 10.1.
- Reduced the likelihood of class items appearing on Dragon.
- Re-enabled a bunch of items to drop from Dragons/Rift Herald again. Now only Thieves Gloves, Force of Nature, and Titanic Hydra will not drop.
- Giant Slayer Damage: 8%; 9%
- Fixed a ranked bug where getting 0LP for a fourth place finish would result in a demotion. Getting 4th place will now always grant at least 1LP.
- Fixed Taliyah’s tooltip to say she targets a random enemy, and to include the stun duration.
- Fixed a bug where every Lux except Light had 10 more base AD than intended.
- Fixed a bug where Yasuo took too long to reach his hex and resume attacking as his R ended.
- Fixed some of the loading screen tips to be more...up to date.
- Fixed a bug where Twitch’s Spray and Pray would stop working after cast if he was equipped with Runaan’s Hurricane
- Fixed Renekton’s ability tooltip to properly say it deals magic damage
- Fixed a bug where occasionally Skarner’s shield would persist across rounds
- Fixed Inferno damage zones being created when Zyra plants expire
- Fixed a bug where continuously applying Red Buff or Morellos burn for more than 10 seconds would cause the anti-healing to no longer affect the target
- Fixed a bug where you could get double the health bonus from Earth Hexes.